The Black History panel discussion will take place at the Macy’s Minneapolis location at 700 On The Mall. We will kick off the event with a wine reception on the 2nd floor, Men’s Shoe department starting at 5:30pm and the discussion starting around 5:45pm.
The panel discussion will be hosted by Al McFarlane of Insight News and include the following panel members:
- Trent Tucker, retired NBA star and found of the Trent Tucker Non Profit Organization
- Josie Johnson, Found & Co-Chair, Leland Johnson Common Vision Program; former University of Minnesota Regent
- Richard Copeland of Thor Construction, the largest African American owned construction company in the upper Midwest
- Richard Moody of IAMMOODY.com custom special events
- Don Samuels, Minneapolis Council Member, Ward 5
- Ralph Remington, Minneapolis Council Member, Ward 10
- Tene’ Wells of WomenVenture
- Judge Pamela Alexander
Please plan on a casual atmosphere that evening, with panel member’s sitting in director’s chairs on a raiser. We will begin the discussion with panel members introducing him / herself and telling a bit about their leadership in the black community.
We you use this opportunity to invite any community groups you are affiliated with to join us at this event.
Again, thank you in advance for your partnership and I look forward to a wonderful and educating discussion.