Spring break is upon us all, and with does arrive many caveats for college students around the world. Cancun, Mexico happens to be one of the prime destinations for spring break goers in the US, and many college students will find themselves spellbound as they engage in the partying that is tantamount to this break that takes place to separate the first and second semesters of the college year. Many of those who are enjoying a spring break will find themselves soaking up the sun, drinking like there is no tomorrow and generally partying, dancing and enjoying fatty and calorie-rich foods like they are going out of style.
This is all in good fun, of course. But come the end of this two week break period, it’s not uncommon for college students to feel the brunt of their two week party endeavors. While a jovial time for them, the detoxification period post spring break can be harsh. However, it doesn’t have to necessarily be this way. Here are some really easy healthy spring break tips that can allow for you to avoid this conundrum when your break has ended and it’s time to hit the books again.
1. Swear an oath to sunscreen. Sunburn is one of the top ailments post spring break. So dab on ample amounts of SPF 30 before you head to the beach – and make sure to reapply it every four hours or so.
2. Drink plenty of water. A good rule of thumb for avoiding a hangover or moderate alcohol poisoning is to match every drink or shot that you consume with 8 ounces of water.
3. Get plenty of sleep. Make sure you are not partying until the wee hours of morning and then doing it all over again on two hours of sleep. Get your beauty sleep in; your body, mind and skin will thank you.
4. Eat healthier meals to balance toxin intake. Cheeseburgers for lunch is okay, but make sure to balance that out with a hearty and wholesome dinner, too.
5. Use natural detox supplements to cleanse your body. Look into natural detox supplements like Goldenseal, which you can take in capsule form and that you can find at most natural health stores for pretty cheap.