I am a big fan of the History Channel and I am a bigger fan of fashion. I was watching a show on the greatest inventions that we simply cannot live without. They brought up the hair drier and then mentioned something that I simply could not imagine. Before the hair drier, people used to dry their hair with a vacuum! Well, that got me thinking. How many inventions were not hit success, but rather utter flops.
- Eye Jewelry- This is a contact lens with jewels or beads dangling from it. These jewels and beads are strung from a small wire situated in the center of the lens. This gives the appearance of constantly crying while hindering the ability to see where one is going. These lens can also damage the eyes by scratching them. This is a definite fashion don’t and invention flop for the ages.
- ThongJeans- These jeans hug the legs like skinny jeans and hug the hips like super low jeans. The significant difference is the bedazzled thong that is attached to these jeans. The jeweled thong is made of leather and is made to be completely exposed and provocatively. Not hot for anyone and definitely something that should have never have been invented.
- Big Butt Jeans- These jeans are your typical high waist jeans that feature padding in the backside of the jeans to provide a fake butt to people. These jeans are unique and don’t help anyone look good. While these sound like a good idea, exercise is a far better idea, either that or wearing jeans to fit your body.
- Fishnet Stockings and Shirt- I am not against fishnets, for the record. However, if your stockings are attached to your shirt and wrap around your neck while wearing them on your legs, I am against this one. Come on now, stockings are not shirts.
For every flop though, there are some really good fashion inventions as well. Check these inventions out. Some of these we simply could not live without.
- Stiletto Heel- This thin pole on the heel of the shoe brought the heel of the woman up, made her leg look longer and her butt look more solid. These heels streamlined the body and is now a must have for any power suit. Without these heels, women would remain shorter than men and wouldn’t have that look that is so familiar to the powerful woman.
- Denim Jeans- These pants were originally designed for cowboys and other working men. These pats were durable, easy to clean and affordable. Since the 17th century, people have been wearing these comfortable pants and making other things out of the denim. Try and imagine a world without denim.
- Skinny Shirt- This is a button down shirt that is used for layering. While layering can be bulky and uncomfortable, with the Skinny Shirt this essential piece of fashion is comfortable and streamlined. Forget the bunches and bulk, enjoy the smooth and layered look.
- Tee shirt Bras- These bras make wearing a tee shirt more comfortable and fashionable by eliminating the bra lines. These bras provide full support without the lines and padding that most bras provide as a means of supporting the twins. Now that smooth look can be had even in the most casual of outfits.