Who doesn’t want fabulous hair? I do, I do! When I used to have really long hair, I always knew that the better I could take care of my locks, the sexier that it would look. Believe it for not, most men with longer hair really do spend some serious time thinking about their hair and how they can better take care of it so that it really shines. Of course, some guys just don’t care no matter how long their hair is, but for the most part this is the reality. So with good hair brushing tips in mind, I started scouring the web seeking out places that would offer us some helpful tips. I came across a salon in Soho, NY, that’s owned by a very reputable hair stylist, Mario Diab. He has some wonderful hair brushing tips to offer on his site.
Hair Brushing tips by Hair Expert Mario Diab
- Make sure to always brush starting from the root and working your way to the tip of your hair. This way you can more evenly spread the oils that your hair naturally produces.
- A Mason Pearson brush is the recommended best hair brush because it works to increase the flow of blood by stimulating the scalp.
- If you have tangled hair, use a wide tooth comb, it’s an easy way to untangle that hair.
How to Deal with Split Ends:
- Avoid combing your hair too much or washing it too much because it will actually cause it to be over dry or frizzy by stripping natural moisture from the hair.
- Don’t use too much heat on your hair and refrain from overly processing it as well.
- If you do notice too many split ends, your best bet is to get your hair trimmed.
- When sleeping, try using pillow cases made from satin; they will reduce knotting or breakage because they don’t create as much friction.