Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Out Loud! is an annual statewide, four-day leadership conference with group discussions, workshops, service opportunities, challenging speakers and hands-on activities designed for youth.
Who can attend?
All youth (including non 4-H youth) who have completed grades 6 through 12 at the time of the conference. Chaperones are needed – they are a “must have” and must be a 4-H screened volunteer. Counties determine the number of participants, qualifications, mode of selection of youth and adults, and transportation.
What is YELLO!?
Youth Exploring Leadership and Learning Out-loud! (YELLO!) is an exciting and fun, annual statewide leadership conference that brings together approximately 400 youth from across Minnesota to teach them valuable skills that they will be able to take back with them to their counties and utilize throughout their lives.
What types of activities will YELLO! offer me?
- Meet and make new friends with youth from across Minnesota,
- attend and learn from hands-on, experiential workshops,
- explore and discuss issues affecting youth in small and large groups,
- learn about and take home great ideas from other outstanding youth leaders,
- gain new leadership and citizenship skills to bring back to your community,
- work together with other youth and adults through service-learning activities,
- have tons of fun at dances, small group gatherings, a Night on the Town, and much more!
How much does it cost?
Yello! registration cost (includes lodging and meals) is approximately $190, but final participant cost is determined by county scholarship.
For more information, visit http://www1.extension.umn.edu/youth/mn4-H/events/yello.html