The application of make-up is an art. There are many who say that it is a science, but that’s not true. Any time a person has to paint and do something artistic, it is art, not science. There is some semblance of science to the application of make-up but in truth, it is an art. Make-up is an art that anyone can master with just a few simple rules.
1. Always take your time applying your make-up. There is no sense in rushing to apply your make up. If you rush, you are more likely to apply the make-up unevenly and your lines will not be strait. It takes more time to fix a make-up blunder than it does to do it right the first time.
2. Choose colors that complement you, not your outfit. If you are wearing a green dress, do not wear the same shade of green eye shadow. To do so will only make you look like a clown. Instead wear eye shadow that complements your eyes. After all, that is the point of make-up, to make you look good, not to match your outfit to your face.
3. Go easy on the colors. Please realize that the face does not look right with bright pink blush and brilliant blue eye shadow. Just because the models do it when they are doing fantasy shoots and it looks good, does not mean it will look good for every day wear. Choose colors that look natural and that complement your skin and eye color in order to get the best effects.
4. Heavy make-up is acceptable for evening wear, but looks silly if it is worn all day long. Heavy make-up during the evening looks good only because the lighting is softer, making the make-up appear softer. If you wear evening make-up all day, you may appear too formal or too sever.
5. Do not use permanent make-up. It was a short lived fad, but it is still out there for people who are interested. This is make-up that is actually tattooed to you. The idea is that the make-up is then always on perfectly, even in the dead of night. The downside to this, besides it hurting really bad, is that it is then impossible to change the make-up. Please, just take the time to learn how to use make-up.