A newer term that has been coined to define certain types of men is called “Metrosexual.” It’s actually a variant of heterosexual that means a well-groomed and fashionably sensible adult male. For some reason unbeknownst to me, this term is often misplaced and misused, and really misunderstood. Adjectively, it can easily be misconstrued when it really is a harmless coining of a common number of males that share a dichotomy for good fashion and grooming habits.
To better apprise you as to just what this term means, I pulled the actual definition from Merriam-Webster.com. They define the word metrosexual as, “a usually urban heterosexual male given to enhancing his personal appearance by fastidious grooming, beauty treatments, and fashionable clothes.”
So now that you know what it means, are you ready to take the metrosexual quiz and find out if you quantify as a member of this unique sect of fashion conscious men?
- Do you use a flatiron to ready your hair in the morning, or do you always blow dry you hair and have to use some sort of product to make sure it lays as desired?
- Is your closet filled with name brand and designer clothing that is often tighter-fitting and glamorous?
- Do you have to accessorize with every outfit in order to attain the look that you desire?
- Do you feel undressed or not presentable when you are not wearing the clothing and accessories that you desire, or your hair is not done in the manner that you wish?
- Do you frequent day spas to get facials, waxing or any other form of beautifying treatments for men?
- Are your nails manicured?
- Do you use anti-aging beauty products for men?
- Are you hooked on taking natural supplements that enhance beauty?
If you answered yes to four or more of these questions, chances are fair that you are metrosexual. So now what? Keep on keeping on, that’s what! I answered yes to seven of them, and am a happily pronounced metrosexual.
Isn’t about time that men stopped being slobs?