I am unable to recant how many occasions that I have been subjected to eating improperly cooked steak. For the life of me I am unable to comprehend how you mess up making a New York strip steak, when the process is so freaking easy to do. But then again, there are people out there that can’t even make macaroni and cheese properly, so this really should come as no shocker. However, I find it necessary – after my last bad steak eating experience over a good friend’s house – to inform you all of the easiest way to make an amazing, perfect, succulent and delectable NY strip steak every time around. It’s super simple, and your mouth and tummy will greatly appreciate it as well!
How to Easily Make a Perfect NY strip steak
- Select the right NY strip steak. Look for choice cuts that have fine, thin lines of fat in them that looks marbleized. These will cook the best. This is because the fat lines melt into the meat as it grills, adding tons of savory flavor.
- Tenderize and marinate the meat. Choose your favorite marinade. Then, using two forks, punch tons of holes in each side of the steaks and marinate them uncovered in the fridge for thirty minutes.
- Heat up your barbeque to high and close the lid, allow it to heat up to at least 350 degrees. If you don’t have a barbeque, well you will never be able to make a NY strip steak properly; it requires an open flame in my opinion.
- Once your grill is all hot and ready, reduce the heat to medium-high and slap those NY strip steaks on it. Allow them to cook for about 6-7 minutes per inch, per side. DO NOT EVER FLIP THE MEAT MORE THAN ONCE!
- Close lid grill for the first four minutes then open grill for the remainder. Flip and repeat.
- Once the time has elapsed, turn off the grill, and allow the steaks to swell for about two minutes with a closed lid. This will really lock in the juicy flavor.
- Serve and enjoy divine bovine, done right every time!