Foundation is the foothold of everything, be it a building, a relationship or make up. Being able to find the right foundation can make or break whatever is built over that foundation. While it seems a little overly dramatic to compare a home’s foundation to make up foundation, rest assured it is the same concept. There are some important things to consider when purchasing foundation make up and using the foundation. This can make or break your image.
- Look for foundation that resembles your natural skin tone. When the foundation is placed on the back of one’s hand and gently applied, the foundation should appear to disappear. Remember, foundation is not used to change our skin tone, but rather smooth out the skin tone.
- Apply the foundation with a sponge. This way the foundation can be evenly spread and it has a more natural appearance. For those areas that require a little bit more coverage, dab the foundation on, as opposed to wiping it on. This will provide more coverage without necessarily increasing the amount of foundation used or causing a fake appearance.
- Be sure to blend the foundation well. Most people tend to forget to blend the foundation along the jaw line and hair line. This gives the individual a mask like affect, even if the amount of make up used is minimal.
- Use foundation wherever additional make up will be placed with the exception of the lips. This will provide the powders that most make are made from something to stick to, and will provide an individual with a longer lasting finished look to them.
- Use liquid foundation first then set this with a foundation powder. This will feel light but will also provide one with a stronger and longer lasting image. This will also allow one to appear softer and more natural than if liquid or powdered foundation alone were used.