Most men that I know love to drink beer. I also have been known to greatly appreciate the tingly tickle of a rich lager pouring softly down my throat. Beer seemingly has been around for ages, and it has many different forms, tastes and history in our society. For me, I have loved beer since the day I first turned 21 years old, and could start bar-hopping and buying it legally. So I feel it of some sort of significance to explain why I enjoy this frothy, bubbly brew so much. And perhaps to offer you other beer protagonists out there with even more ample fodder so that you can justify popping the top on that brown bottle and enjoying a delicious glass of beer tonight!
Top Ten Reasons to Drink More Beer!
- We all know that a few beers give you a nice buzz; at least for most people. So if you have had a long day at work, chances are you can hear those bottles whispering in your ear in soft voices all day long. Once you get home, there is no shame, pop one open and enjoy it!
- Sports broadcasts. This one is nearly self explanatory. However, if you love to watch sports, beer is a timeless staple to this drinking endeavor.
- Beer goggles. I think that more men and women have made sexual mistakes due to beer goggles. Then again, is there really any harm in having a night of fun, even if you wake up regretting it the next day? Blame beer, and then drink another one down as you shake off the memory.
- Weddings. You love your best pal, and you are happy he or she is getting married. But let’s face it, weddings can be very long, drawn out and boring; even if they are beautiful. So all the more reason to get a few beers in your system, and start the reception early.
- Back country bug zapper competitions. There are some places in the US where there literally is nothing to do. That being said, beer can really make a night hovered around the bug zapper quite an interesting affair.
- You just got fired. Man does that suck for anyone and just about everyone, unless you were planning on quitting already. Go ahead, slam a few beers. You deserve it!
- Boredom woes easily resolved. There can be those never-ending days where you are just bored to tears. But beer can make everything better. So what are you waiting for?
- Beer is healthy for your heart. According to an article on Forbes, beer is actually healthy for your heart. They say, “a number of studies are showing that moderate consumption of alcohol, including beer, can have similar heart healthy effects, including making men 30 to 35% less likely to have a heart attack than those who abstain.”
- The classic clanking of bottles. There is just something about the resounding clank of beer bottles banging together when toasts are made that is second-to-none.
- And the top reason to drink some more beer today: Getting hammered. Let’s face the facts: We can all have some really cruddy days. But beer is your best friend during such tumultuous times. Forget about why you are seeking escapism with a controlled substance like alcohol. Go ahead, crack a fresh bottle open and enjoy—as your worries melt away in the foamy goodness!