Many times people get wrapped up in their day to day activities and often let themselves fall to the wayside. The actions of taking care of other people; be them children, spouses, or co-workers, people forget to take care of themselves. This can have a negative affect on an individual, both physical and emotional. To help counteract this, it is a good idea to take some time to pamper yourself.
Pampering yourself does not have to be an involved task. Sometimes there are simple ways to make yourself feel special and refreshed. These simple things may need a few special things, such as bath salts and lotions, but they are easy to procure and inexpensive. The hard part is finding time alone to relax and take the time to pay attention to your self.
- As stated, the hard part of pampering is finding the time. You are busy. There is a lot to do. Just as you schedule the family into your life, schedule yourself and make sure to write it down. This will prevent you from scheduling other things over your pampering time. If you really cannot get away, consider taking a nap during the day and pampering yourself at night, when the family and friends are asleep.
- Start with a nice bath. Bath salts are typically scented Epson salt that is great for relaxation and loosening tight muscles. There are a lot of sites that offer different flavors of bath salts that are said to do different things, such as relax, calm or stimulate. When picking a bath salt, go with what scent you like, rather than what it is said to do for you. After all, even if the bath salt is supposed to calm you, you will not be very calm if you don’t like the scent or if it gives you a headache.
- When stepping out of the bath, don’t reach for a towel, instead reach for the lotion. Right after the bath or shower is an ideal time to put on lotion because your pores are open and your skin is most receptive to the restorative properties of the lotion. This will lead to softer and more radiant skin. This will also lead to needing lotion less often and having longer lasting results.
- Pedicures are a luxury that most people do not give themselves. However, the process of smoothing the skin and putting lotion on the feet can make it more comfortable to walk and leave the feet looking beautiful. The process simply requires a pumice stone and some lotion. For maximum results, wrap your feet with a warm towel while allowing the lotion to seep into your feet.
- Most people think of the manicure as simply getting your nails painted. However, a true manicure includes a deep lotion and a smoothing of the skin on the hands, one of the most visible parts of the body. The process does not take long and it can be amazing how good your hands will feel and look with just a little time spent on them.
With these simple techniques, you can recharge your batteries and feel good about yourself and ready to take on the day. The techniques are simple to do, and should be done a few times a week ideally, but a few times a month can be sufficient. Even just doing these techniques in times of stress can help make you feel good and relaxed despite whatever else is going on in your life.