If you are anything like me, you are completely over the white stuff that covers the ground and makes the roads so slippery. You are shocked at how pale you can look, and how much you are looking forward to spring. Well, here are some ways to bring spring to yourself just a little bit sooner.
- Use a self tanner. Be sure to use a tanning lotion that is meant for your natural skin tone. Use the tanning lotion as directed and do not attempt to go too dark too fast. This will result in an individual looking orange, instead of sun touched. Use a sponge or rag to apply the lotion and do not let too much get on your hands. This will help to prevent streaking and will provide a more even appearance.
- Add a pop of color to an outfit. While it is common for winter clothing to be darker than summer clothing, it does not all need to be dark. Consider adding a bright color, in a smaller amount, to help bring more interest to the outfit and to add color and the warmer weather thoughts to the body. Think about a colored shirt, or brilliant shoes.
- Paint your nails a bright, summery color. There is little that makes me as happy as seeing sunshine yellow nails. It looks like bottled summer to me. Have fun with it and pick something that you are enjoy looking at. It can give you that little emotional boost through out the day as you look at them.
- Think about spring accessories. Flowers scream spring in a healthy and quiet way. Consider clipping a flower in your hair, or attaching one to the purse. This can make those around you feel better and that in turn might make you feel better. Just make sure the flower is no so big that it dominates the outfit.
- Eat some topical fruits or have a tropical drink. The odorous and ocular systems of the body can help to control the emotion and mood of a person in ways that have not yet been understood. By smelling, seeing and then eating something tropical, it can help you think spring and even vacation. Even if work is right there and snow is all around. You’d be surprised.
Winter is not yet over, but it is never too soon to think spring and look forward to its arrival. Soon, the winter snow will melt, and the snow belle flowers will be sprouting, followed by the other wonders of spring. And where spring has been, summer quickly follows, which brings the days of warmth and excitement. Oh, how I miss and look forward to those seasons.