We all desire to look fashionable, presentable and generally our very best on any given day of the week. Of course, many times our skin hair and nails can determine whether or not we meet these high personal expectations, or not. These are some of our most noticeable external amenities and they can really make or break our fashion sense. The good news is that there are some foods that you can eat daily – and if you are not already consuming them you can add them to your diet rather easily – that can allow for you to enjoy improved hair, skin and nail health. So before you give up on looking and feeling great, try incorporating these delicious eats into your diet.
Foods to eat for improved hair, nail and skin health:
- Red peppers, strawberries, papaya, kiwi, oranges, blackcurrants, curly kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli are rich with vitamin C and antioxidants; great for hair and skin health.
- Oily fish, liver, carrots, sweet potato, red peppers, spinach, butternut squash, watercress, apricots and mangoes are loaded with antioxidants and rich in vitamin A.
- Rapeseed oil, olive oil, hazelnuts, almonds, other nuts, seeds and tomatoes deliver a solid dosage of vitamin E as well as antioxidants; great for your hair, skin and nails.
- Corn on the cob (YUMMY), strawberries, raspberries, grapefruit, apples, avocados, plums, blackberries and wholegrain foods taste great, are great for you and deliver plenty of Ferulic acid, too.
- Brazil nuts, lobster, tuna, lemon sole, squid, scallops, sardines, sunflower seeds, cashew nuts, mixed nuts & raisins, and walnuts pack a serious punch of selenium, which improves hair health, skin health and nail health; wow!
- Try adding yeast extract, nuts, brown rice, eggs, dairy to get your daily amounts of biotin in, which improves hair and nails.