If you have ever wondered what the top New Year Resolutions were by and far for citizens of the United States, look no further than here! Every year, the top resolutions are submitted to particular sites on the net, and national surveys are also conducted to conclude what the top ten resolutions are for that particular New Year. The same can be said for this New Year in 2011. Perhaps a few of these top ten New Year resolutions apply to your situation.
Let’s take a gander at them, shall we?
- Weight loss. This one really shouldn’t come as any shocker to any American. That’s because we are more obese than any other nation, per capita, in the world.
- Becoming more organized and punctual. We are always so rush-and-go in the US that often we’d forget our own heads if they weren’t attached to our bodies.
- Saving more money. It’s crazy how fast things can really add up. That $5 cup of coffee, that $10 fast food meal. Before you know it, your bank account is hollering at you in dismay.
- Happiness. Perhaps this can be denoted as the lifelong quest for all human beings ever since we first evolved into Homo sapiens. Not surprisingly, it’s #4.
- Getting back into shape stay and staying healthy. People are living longer and longer, as we all embrace healthier lifestyles that promote longevity and wellbeing.
- Learning or developing new skills. Most Americans desire to be well educated and diverse. We also desire to learn new skills, such as a hobby like a musical instrument or a foreign language.
- Quit smoking. Seemingly, this one has dropped on the list to #7. One has a good mind to think that this is because less people are smoking thanks to education and insane taxation on all tobacco products.
- Helping friends, family and those who are less fortunate. It’s true: Americans donate more money to charity and beneficial causes than anywhere else in the world. Bill Gates and Warren Buffet can attest to that.
- Finding our one ‘True Love.’ In par with reason #4, we all desire to be happy. For most people this encompasses falling in love.
- Allocating more time to spend with our family and loved ones. The busyness of our daily schedules is only ever so permitting. So this makes sense that many of us want to spend more time with those whom we care for the most.