Skin, it’s the most noticeable and the largest organ on our bodies. Our skin can say a lot about who we are, what our health and eating habits are like, and can easily dictate how presentable that we feel, as well as greatly contributing to our self confidence. It goes without saying that all fashion-minded individuals generally care a great deal for the health of their skin; I sure do.
But you don’t necessarily have to break the bank by spending oodles of cash on tons of different supplements and skincare products to enjoy healthy skin; although such products can really aid you along the way. To better help you enjoy more youthful, supple and elastic skin—here are five easy and delicious things to add to your daily intake.
1. Go crazy over berries! Did you know that yummy berries, such as blueberries and strawberries, are loaded with antioxidants? These help to eradicate free-radicals, which can damage your skin or contribute to premature aging.
2. Speaking of free-radicals and antioxidants, don’t forget to get your daily intake of green tea, iced, hot or even in a smoothie. It contains some very potent antioxidants as well.
3. While we are on the subject of antioxidants, eat more uncooked olive oil. You can enjoy it on bread or on a salad, or a number of other tasty eats. It’s not only bursting with antioxidants, but olive oil also contains certain phytochemicals that help to keep your skin healthy.
4. Water, water and more water! Our skin is comprised of mostly water. So drink up, because you should be drinking at least 7-8 glasses per day.
5. Don’t forget to get your proper amounts of vitamin E in. A delish way to do this is by eating more nuts, or seeds or even dark green vegetables. They provide a substantial source of this vitamin, which is crucial in the maintenance of healthy skin.