Living in the great ‘Wild West’ state of Arizona, there are so many fashion faux paws that I see on a regular and daily basis that bewildered is a vast understatement of my perception of this hair style dilemma that most people here face. What I am talking about is the existence of the most trashiest of all hair styles ever to be fathomed, one that had to be brewed in the vats of a moonshine, rusted-out bathtub somewhere far out in the desert—in a trailer park nonetheless—where some dude, somewhere, on some sunny day decided that a mullet was the way to go.
Boy I bet those swanky trailer ladies were all over him! (NOT!) And still, I see a rather startling and alarming abundance of this hideous hair style on many men that inhabit this western state. If you are a guy that is currently sporting a mullet, I am talking about you.
That’s right! Feel free to leave your comments, because in my opinion a mullet is the scalp equivalent to having a rat infestation in your house. It’s just plain awful-looking, and if you think that mullets are super-cool, you are on the wrong website my friends; the site you are looking for is Walmart’s website, where you can happily browse online with fellow mullet enthusiasts.
All that being said, I think here are some top reasons as to why this abomination of a hair style (which really is not a hair style if you ask me) is somehow still around today. Keep in mind this is mostly just for the sake of humor. So if you are unable to handle a good laugh, then you may as well move to France.
Top Eight Reasons Why I Can Derive That the Mullet is Still Around
- NASCAR: This one REALLY is self explanatory!
- Backwoods, Bible-Belt states, where they think this hair style is commendable.
- Hicks, rednecks and those who just don’t know any better; fashion ignorance is bliss, somehow.
- 80s metal rock has-beens. You know those guys who still think that wearing white-washed jeans is ‘cool.’ Yeah, those people.
- ‘Hair Bands’ and those who still think that the styles are really awesome. Need I say more here?
- Townships with bad barbers. Believe it or not, there are some places where you may actually be told to sport a mullet. Alabama comes to mind here.
- ‘Joe Dirt’ the movie, which really made fun of mullets, but that somehow also made other people aid in supporting the fact that ‘their’ mullet was cool. Wakeup call: The name of the movie is ‘Joe Dirt.’ As in dirty!
- ‘The Dukes of Hazard.’ This is as self explanatory as the first reason is.